Sunday, September 19, 2010

Our Sister City Estonian event was a triumph.

Do I dare brag just a bit? I am sure you could tell how much we were appreciated. Folk were very vocal about that! The program was built around our performance of some Estonian freedom songs and they indeed were the showpiece of the afternoon.                                                                                                          

Other highlights included Martin Pereboom's brief but effective introduction to a clip of the film, "Singing Revolution" and charming Estonian fok dancers. Dr. Brian Steigler was the perfect emcee and after a brief hiccup, Estonian Ambassador to the U.S. Vaino Reinart gave warm thank you's and regards. A DVD is to be made and sent to our sister city of Tartu.

Reviews from Estonians were that we sounded like an Estonian choir. They stated they had NEVER heard an American choir attempt their challenging language and sound so "perfect". I told the cultural attache that she was very kind but I didn't belive her. She insisted, as did several other embassy officials that it was excellent. She inquired if we had ever considered singing a program in Europe? Who us? well - perhaps... The Daily Times also reported our concert.

Time and energy well spent - YES?

No rest for the weary!!!


By way of announcements: some changes even.

Remember that we changed the concert date to Sunday afternoon, 19 December 2010 - 3:00 pm. AND our first meeting on Sunday, 1:00 pm October 10, 2010 at Wicomico Presbys.
Note the change in first rehearsal also!

No comments:

Post a Comment